Prof. Córdova studied enzymatic modification of cellulose while Prof. Hafrén studied fiber structure and morphology. After post-doctoral work at the SCRIPPS institute in the US where Prof. Córdova was working with organocatalysis he started a collaboration with Prof. Hafrén who had been doing research in France and took up the task of developing a viable method to modify biofibers. In 2004 the breakthrough came and OrganoClick´s first patent was filed. In 2006 Prof. Córdova and Prof. Hafrén joined forces with innovation management company Serendipity Innovations and the entrepreneur Mårten Hellberg founded OrganoClick AB.
- Foundation of OrganoClick
- Start of first product development project
- Awarded price from King Carl XVI Gustaf´s 50-year Anniversary Fund for Science, Technology and Environment
- Move to own facilities including set up of first own laboratory
- Swedish investor Anders Wall (through Beijerinvest AB), TetraPak´s former CEO and President Bertil Hagman and TetraPak and SCA Hygiene Products former CTO Claes-Göran Beckeman become OrganoClick´s first investors and join the board of the company.
- Appointed as Sweden´s most promising start-up company by winning the competition “Innovation & Technology”
- OrganoClick´s technology appointed Sweden´s best environmental innovation 2008 by winning the completion “Miljöinnovation”
- First product in industrial development
- Product company OrganoWood AB was founded together with investment company Kvigos (OrganoClick 60 % / Kvigos 40 %) in order to start sale and marketing of a new wood preservation technology developed by OrganoClick.
- OrganoClick set up its first production facility and moves its office and laboratory to Täby, north of Stockholm.
- OrganoClick launch OC-biobinder™, a new biobased binder system for textiles. Swedish textile group Almedalhs AB becomes the first customer.
- OrganoWood launch its first surface treatment product through the Swedish building supplier group XL-BYGG
- OrganoWood signs collaboration with Bergs Timber Bitus AB, Sweden’s largest wood treatment company, for production of OrganoWood®-modified wood
- OrganoClick launch OC-aquasil™, a new water repellent technology for textiles, wood and paper.
- In collaboration with LaFarge Gypsum, one of the world’s leading gypsum manufacturer, OrganoClick receives EU-funding through the program Eurostars for enhancing the performance of gypsum paper.
- OrganoClick receives EU-funding within the Eco-innovation program for developing a new fiber composite material
- OrganoWood®-modified wood is launched at XL-BYGG.
- OrganoWood signs reseller agreement with Optimera, a Swedish building supplier group which is part of St. Gobain Distribution division.
- OrganoClick launches OrganoTex®, an ingredient brand for OrganoClick’s environmentally friendly water repellent technology for functional textiles
- OrganoTex® is elected as one of the most interesting new materials at ISPO I Munich, the world largest out-door and sports products fair.
- OrganoWood signs reseller agreement with Swedish building supplier Bygma and K-rauta, part of the Finnish Keskuus group.
- OrganoWood wins several prestigious contracts with building companies including Swedish Skanska, NCC, PEAB and JM.
- OrganoWood is appointed as "the hottest building material of the year" by winning Nordbyggs gold medal at the Nordics largest professional building fair
- OrganoWood signs new reseller agreement with Swedish building supplier AB Karl Hedin, a distribution agreement with Welin & Co for distribution of OrganoWood's wood treatment products on the Swedish market, a reseller agreement with Optimera Norge for the Norwegian market and a distribution agreement with Fröslev Trae for the Danish market.
- OrganoWood starts a subsidiary in Finland, and a sales office in Norway.
- OrganoTex® is elected as one of the most interesting new materials at ISPO Munich, the world largest out-door and sports products fair.
- OrganoClick initiates a collabooration with Taiwanese Chang-Ho Fibers for production of OrganoTex®-treated textiles.
- Start of construction of new production facility with a capacity of 20,000 m3 of chemical formulation and a new pilot line for making moulded fiber composites.
- OrganoClick AB (publ) was listed at NASDAQ First North and the company raised SEK 75 million for further expansion of its business
- FilippaK became the first fasion brand to start using OrganoTex® DWR-technology in its cloths.
- OrganoClick was appointed as a Sustainia100 company as having one of the globally 100 most sustainable technologies
- OrganoWood launched its wood protection system in the UK and Ireland
- OrganoWood launched cladding material for the building industry adding a new product segment to its portfolio
- OrganoClick acquired Biokleen Miljökemi AB adding a product portfolio comprising sustainable chemical products for exterior cleaning